Saturday, March 11, 2017

4 Signs That You Love What You Study In University



Do you love what you are studying in university?

These are 4 possible signs that you love what you study. If you have these signs, congrats!

#1 I keep thinking about it.

I studied Psychology in university, and I love it! Just like 2 people in love, you can't stop thinking about it. I don’t just think about Psychology when I’m in class and when class is over, that’s it. I think about it a lot in my daily life.

#2 I see real life connections. 

I made connections between what I learned in class with what I experience in life. Not only do I make connections between what I learned with my life, I also make connections with Islam.

Time and time again, I realized that the things that I learned in Psychology are the things that are already there in the Sunna of Prophet Muhammad SAW. I don’t “Islamicize” what I learned. I don’t have to. Rather, I find Islam in what I learned.

I believe that Islam is already there. One just needs the proper lens to find it. Is it not true that between the heavens and the earth, Allah has placed His Signs for the believers and for those who reflect?

This is the icing of the cake. This is what makes my studies meaningful.

#3 I want to tell people about it.

If you have a great news, then you want to share it with people, at least with your best friend. That is the feeling that I have at times when I learn things in Psychology. I have an urge to tell people about it because it is so amazing (to me at least).

#4 I want to benefit people with it.

There are many things that I can do with the knowledge and understanding that I gained from Psychology and, especially in my community, I can see that there is a need for it. Unfortunately, not a lot of people are fulfilling that need and I want to be one of those people who steps up and serves the community in this area.

---

Do you want to master your confidence?

Speak Up! Project focuses on creating a strong foundation of inner confidence. We apply the confidence in practicing essential soft skills: English speaking, public speaking, and debating.

Click here to get updates about our next confidence-upgrading programs.

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing when I feel like you have chosen the right direction in your education. I also felt the same when I chose Communication & Media Studies as my BA. Now I am also willing to continue this path considering Master degree in one of those universities http://writemypaper4me.org/blog/university-rankings.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am about to take psychology in my degree later but i am confuse too, is it really make my life or not, is I love my job later or not,can i score very well in this course and biology keeeeeeeep turn me on.i am really lazy person. i can choose but i don't know the way. i am 18 btw, lack of experiences and motivates even knowledge.i wish you can help me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can suggest two options for you:

      1. Take some time to think about it. There is no need to rush, because it is not a race.

      2. Try it out and see if it fits you. If it is, you can continue pursuing it. If is it not, then you can cross it off your list and try something else.

      Just a suggestion. In the end, it is your choice.

      Delete