Tuesday, October 10, 2017

10.10.17 is #WorldMentalHealthDay


Let's have a honest conversation about our human condition.

We all have issues, but some have them more severely than others. It's like physical illness. We all have the normal fever sometimes. But there are others who are battling worse illnesses like diabetes, stroke, and cancer.

Nobody would dare to tell a cancer patient to just "shake it off" or "you're being silly" or "your Iman isn't strong enough." Mental health issues are real and they can be pervasive. The people who have these issues need the encouragement to enable them to reach out and seek the help they need.

My dream is to live in a world where people with mental health issues can walk into a counselor's office or a psychiatrist's office knowing that he or she will be helped and supported - not condemned and judged.

Let's educate ourselves and others about mental health and where you can get professional help.

Don't worry. Seeking help doesn't make you crazy.

It just makes you human.

2 comments:

  1. hi bro aiman. nak tanya. why my family selalu cakap i ada sakit mental? i used to hurt myself. crying over night. i hate myself. i always make them hate me too. theres one day, i scream to my family. i scream out loud , i planned to commit suicide. i cant live anymore. i commit so many big sins tht they dont expect me to do, bcs im from a private school. and yeah they spent so much money just to sent me there. but still. it wasnt me that scream, it was something inside me. theres something that control everything over me. and sometimes im so confuse about myself. i dont know who i am. i dont know what to do.. i felt so weak everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thank you for speaking up and sharing with me your story. I don't know whether or not you have a mental illness. Sukar untuk saya berikan kata putus tanpa mengenali anda dan tanpa adanya kelayakan.

      Untuk dapatkan diagnosis sakit mental atau tidak, hanya mereka yang terlatih dan profesional sahaja yang boleh buat. Samalah seperti seorang doktor yang berikan diagnosis kepada pesakitnya. Kita yang tiada medical degree dan latihan tidak patut melabel orang dengan penyakit.

      Sungguhpun begitu, saya rasa anda pun sedar bahawa anda punyai masalah. Apakah ia sakit mental? Saya tidak tahu. Apa yang jelas adalah anda ada masalah dan perlukan bantuan. Itu tidak menjadikan anda pelik, itu adalah lumrah manusia.

      Kita ada moments di mana kita punyai masalah dan perlukan bantuan. Perkara yang patut kita lakukan adalah mencari mereka yang berkelayakan untuk bantu kita.

      Delete